Friday, April 09, 2010

the construction disaster...that lead us to the hospital


Ty and I were going to break down a shed that we have in the back yard tomorrow. I left for work this morning and Ty wanted to be ahead of the game and get it down this morning. Maybe to surprise me when I got home from work...but instead.

Ty was breaking the shed down and the shed came straight down on him. So while at work he calls to let me know, he says, "I am headed to the emergency room because I just hurt my hand." So of course I leave work to join him at the hospital.

It was awful, when I got there he had blood on his face his arms, hand and all over his clothes. I started to cry, but then tried to stop to stay strong for him. The nurse came in and out and in and out. His face has some pretty bad scratches and he is way swollen. Well then there is his finger, he broke it, and the doctor had to cut off all this skin that was coming off anyway. Then she had to remove his fingernail and then stitch it back on, total he got 4 stitches.

After all this, he is fine. The doctor gave him some pain medications and off to home he went, while I went back to work.

Sadly to say now the shed project will have to wait 2 more weeks...But can't blame my guy for trying. I am just so happy he is OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment